This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions, full Data Protection Policy and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- to assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of the visitors to this website; and
- to explain what personal information we collect from this website and how we ensure its best protection.
FLE Learning complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, FLE Learning is the data controller and sole owner of the personal data collected on the Website.
We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Act gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. A small fee may be payable in respect of any access request. For more detailed information, please refer to our full Data Protection Policy.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When visiting our web pages, tracking technologies may record information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit.
- The Internet domain (for example, ‘domain.com’ or ‘isp.com’ if you use a private Internet access account) and IP address (an IP address is a number, ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’, that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser software and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you enter, visit and exit our site from and
- If you linked to the server’s domain from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us identify click stream patterns, to improve our website and to learn about the number of visitors to our website and the types of technology our visitors use. We only use this information to ensure that our web pages stay compatible with a cross selection of browsers and systems and thereby ensure that the pages appeals to a wider audience. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Information we may collect from you
If you are a delegate (and/or a potential delegate) on one of our training courses or conferences, we will collect from you and process only those data that are necessary for the administration of the event or conference, which will include the following basic personal information about you:
- your name
- your designation (eg professor, student, research scholar etc.)
- your postal and e-mail address
- your institution name and address.
- your topic and abstract for presentation in the conference
- Depending on what you are registering for, additional information may be collected from you.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data for the purposes of advertising, marketing and public relations, so as to provide you with information about our services and events which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way or no longer wish to receive such information, please email email@example.com
Please see our separate page on Cookies.
Changing the information we hold about you
If you would like to change any information we hold about you that has been collected via use of this Website or want to it to be removed from our database, you should contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
FLE Learning discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on FLE Learning’s behalf or to provide services available at FLE Learning’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using FLE Learning’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. FLE Learning will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above, FLE Learning discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when FLE Learning believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of FLE Learning, third parties or the public at large. FLE Learning takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. For more detailed information, please see our separate page on ‘Data Protection Policy.
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.