Dr. Jacob Adeyanju
|Name of the Institute
||University of Lagos
|Position within Institute
|Field of Expertise
Dr. Jacob Adeyanju holds a Ph.D in Educational Administration from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He lectures in the Department of Educational Management, Faculty of Education, University of Lagos, Nigeria. He teaches courses in Personnel Management, Economics of Education, Educational Policy and Administration. He has conducted research studies in various educational issues and presented papers locally and internationally. His research interests include: Basic and Higher Education Policy Analysis, School Quality Improvement and School Organisational Culture and Effectiveness. His over 20 years teaching experience spanned through various levels of education (that is, primary, secondary and tertiary) in Nigeria. He was a headteacher in a primary school in Nigeria for five years and a secondary school principal for 10 years before joining the services of the University. He also serves as Course Adviser to undergraduate students in the Department. He is the Secretary to the Department of Educational Management Publishing Committee, a member of Faculty of Education Board of Studies and Examiners; a member of Department of Educational Management Accreditation Committee; a member, Faculty of Education Social Committee; Department of Educational Management Examinations Officer and Reviewer to many foreign Universities and international journal.
In addition to his lecturing responsibility, he has also served and still serving in various capacities to both his primary constituency and international community. Some of these are:
1. Chairman, Turning Point Schools Board of Governors, Lagos – (1999 to Date)
2. Resource Person: Learn Africa Plc, Lagos, Nigeria (A Publishing Company) – (2009 to Date)
3. Resource Person: First Management Consultants Limited, Lagos, Nigeria – (2013 to Date).
4. Resource Person: Ivory Consultants, Lagos, Nigeria - (2013 to Date).
5. Education Consultant on Quality Assurance: Lagos Anglican Schools – (2012 to Date).
6. Senior Reviewer: The International Academic Forum in Japan – (2015 to Date)
7. Reviewer, Journal of Negro Education, Howard University, USA - (2018)